Vaillant boiler ecotec plus 618

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im buying a house which has a vaillant boiler - eotec plus 618.
Im told that this is a combi boiler...

My understanding of a combi boiler is that it is stand alone, gets water from the mains, heats it and supplies hot water to taps and radiators.... Right?

But,
There is a cold water tank in the loft and a copper immersion tank in the bedroom. I would like to get rid of both these tanks if pssible, but from what i can find online, i am sceptical that the 'combi boiler' (if it is a combi boiler) relies on the two tanks to work as a central heating system...

The boiler is a vaillant eo tec plus 618....

Any advice / information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
R

Sponsored Links
The 618 is not a combi boiler its a system boiler ie heats up a cylinder of water, you would need to change the boiler if you want to get rid of the cylinder and tank.

Thank you,
have you an idea of the cost of replacing the boiler, immersion tank and cold water tank with one combi boiler?

Sponsored Links
Ballpark figure of £3500 but whoever you used would need to survey the job before hand and there could be lots of reasons the ball park figure is miles out, also depends on quality of combi and quality of installer, before you make a decision have the water pressure and flow checked,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back