SOS - opinions on Vaillant EcoTec Plus 618 System Boiler !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help - have plumber wanting to install a Vaillant EcoTec Plus 618 system Boiler. I have not been able to find out much about it. Has anyone used this boiler and what do you think of it, please? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
we use vaillant all the time and the 600 series are nice units. bear in mind this is a sealed system heat only boiler if you are replacing an open vent boiler the 400 series would also suit

I was worried because all I could find were comments about the Vaillant 100 range - which were very bad!

Are you sure you are talking about Vaillant?

They do not do a 100 range, Viessmann do though, which have been pretty carp by all reports.

I've fitted loads of 618's. Nice boiler, but absolute rubbish aftersales service if you have to rely on group service for warranty :mad:

Sponsored Links
Maybe the comments I read on a 100 model were for Veissman ( not Vaillant) - I can't find them now - but somewhere here there is a long list of problems a plumber faced after fitting 40 models of a 100 type "brand V"!
Sorry to be so ignorant!

vitodens 100 is a Veissmann boiler and yes there have been numerous complaints about them.
the Vaillant 618, 624 etc are very reliable in our experience

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back