Vaillant ecoTEC plus 618, Canoe Filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the parts catalogue for the Vaillant ecoTEC plus 618, the canoe filter isn't shown as a separate spare part, but it is shown in the corresponding parts diagram for other boilers in the eco TEC plus range.

I can't get the canoe filter out of the block. Is the intention that the entire connector block should be replaced or, if I were to break the plastic filter out, would the standard canoe filter fit into the block?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I think the standard canoe filter would fit. Make sure you check the boiler for safety after removing the boiler cover.

I think the standard canoe filter would fit. Make sure you check the boiler for safety after removing the boiler cover.
Thanks; I'd already removed the connector black and replaced it when I couldn't remove the filter; all isolated and drained whilst working.

The boiler had been making kettling noises, I'd back-flushed it and ran the P0 and P2 service programs. The noises have stopped but I'd broken a bit off the filter whilst trying to remove it.

Has anyone broken one of these filters out and replaced it with the standard filter?

Is the boiler kettling on CH, I thought that filter was on the primary flow into the PHEX, if the kettling is only occuring on DHW then maybe the PHEX is fouled?,

I see its a 618 so no PHEX as its not a combi!.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Is the boiler kettling on CH, I thought that filter was on the primary flow into the PHEX, if the kettling is only occuring on DHW then maybe the PHEX is fouled?,

I see its a 618 so no PHEX as its not a combi!.
Yes, not a combi and now no longer making kettling noises. I thought the noise was due to particles of sludge in the primary heat exchanger causing spots of over-heating, whch was probably cured by flushing it.

If anyone's interested, the parts diagram is to be found here; the relevant diagram for the 618 is on page 48 (no canoe filter). The diagram for other models ( with a canoe filter) is on page 12.

I'll probably break the old filter out and will report back here on how that goes. :unsure:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back