New vinyl floor shows plyboard ridges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A couple of days ago I had a vinyl floor fitted professionally. They put plyboard over bare wooden floors, then glued the vinyl roll on top. Lovely guys who worked hard in the heat!

The problem has appeared over the last couple of days - I can see the outline of the plyboard coming through, some places more subtle than others, but one is really noticeable due to the way the light falls on it.

Am I expecting too much to not want to notice the edges of the plyboard? Feeling a bit dejected after a long kitchen refurb to finish with the flooring looking a bit less than perfect :(

They're coming back next week to look at it, not sure what options they'll have, and whether I should insist on a fix or not?

Any thoughts appreciated!

Sponsored Links
If you have had a proper kitchen refurb don’t scrimp on the flooring. Take it out and tile or LVT etc.
Otherwise you will always wonder why you didn’t bother doing it properly

When they did the plywood they should then skim feather finish screed to the joints then sand them down. That will stop the ply lines showing through. If it’s all glued down it will be hard to fix now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back