New Wall mounted internal cistern not filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a wall mounted internal cistern. It's less than a year old. It's filled by a monsoon pump from the hot press usually, but at night we turn the pump off to stop the noise.

Anyway, two nights ago the cistern just stopped filling. I can reach in and move the float up and down but no luck.
Could it be an airlock? I wriggled all the cold taps upstairs on/off and tried to hold my hand under the mixer tap to push water around. No luck either.

Or is it more likely the filling mechanism is broke, that'd surprise me after 1 year. Thanks! Pic attached.

Attachments

• 2018-09-04 23.47.18.gif
    2018-09-04 23.47.18.gif
    934.2 KB · Views: 147
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Cheers dilalio.
It's my first time to tackle an internal cistern. After I disconnect the water feed, what's the best way to take the filter and diaphragham unit out?

Cheers dilalio.
It's my first time to tackle an internal cistern. After I disconnect the water feed, what's the best way to take the filter and diaphragham unit out?

I can't identify that brand... Geberit? Grohe? Saneux? If you can find a logo somewhere (even back of flush plate) you should then be able to source some literature on it.

Once the braided hose has been uncoupled, the whole inlet valve should just unclip and can be fully removed out the front aperture, for you to dismantle & examine.

I found it. Universal Fill Valve 510 (Sanit) . I'll give it a lash this evening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back