Wall Mounted Toilet Sealed Cistern filling very Slowly!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

Few years back I had a new bathroom installed, new shower cubicle, tiling etc. At that time we decided on a wall mounted Toilet which has worked fine until recently when we notice that the cistern now fills very very slowly i.e water just trickles in!
Cannot access the cistern or attached piping as it is all enclosed and tiled over!
I believe the cistern is filled from a main tank in the loft and believe the pipe maybe getting blocked due to limescale build up. Appears the bathroom installers just used old piping to feed the Toilet Cistern!

Is there anyway to dissolve the limescale in the cistern feed pipe without destroying the cistern flush mechanism which I believe has plastic components?

Many Thanks

Caesar

Sponsored Links
Far more likely that the float valve ,or it's filter are the issue.
It's absolutely ridiculous to conceal a cistern ,tile over it, and leave no access for maintenance/ repair.

Is there anyway to dissolve the limescale in the cistern feed pipe without destroying the cistern flush mechanism
The only things that will dissolve limescale will potentially damage the silicone/rubber components in the fill and flush mechanisms.

Time to look at the installation and figure out the least destructive option of how to get into it. A dremel with a very thin diamond cutting blade would be a good place to start. If it's all been put onto plasterboard then there may be a way low impact way forward.

Can you post a photo of your wc.
Do you have a push plate (flush)?
If so, cistern components can be accessed via that.

Sponsored Links
It's absolutely ridiculous to conceal a cistern ,tile over it, and leave no access for maintenance/ repair.
For the love of god why do people do this :mad: Anything with moving mechanical parts will need maintenance at some point.

Last time I had to do a fill valve through a Geberit flush plate, it gave me an insite into how a gynecologists must feel ;)

On the flip-side, some gynecologists and proctologists I know, refer to themselves as human plumbers :LOL:

Edit: also reminds me of an old joke... "did you hear about the gynecologist who decorated his hallway, through his letterbox" :)

Is there anyway to dissolve the limescale in the cistern feed pipe without destroying the cistern flush mechanism which I believe has plastic components?

You could buy a water softener.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back