New Water Connection - advice please...

You're losing your wind now, aren't you....come on, you can be more dogmatic than that last post.

Sponsored Links
Advising people to break the law, and carrying on doing work for them when you know that they have not got agreement for the work to be done is incompatible with the status of a professional.
Once more, more slowly so you take it in. Possibly. The only advising I do is to point out ways that, where possible, if the work is done in a different manner, it will not require invocation of PWeA; where it is not possible to do that, I point out that they should comply with it - and the potential consequences (ie generally, not a lot) of their not going with it - and leave it to them to decide. The fact that in amongst that advice, I make my own personal take on it known is neither here nor there. And, if they choose not to go with it, that has no bearing on my professionalism. My prime duty of care is ensuring that the works are not injurious to the elfin safety of occupants/neighbours and that I do regardless of the PWeA, just as I always did way before that came into play. There are no implications for my professionalism, whether or not the PWeA is used where it should be. There are no implications from me from a legal pov in doing work for a client where they haven't gone along with the PWeA.

But it doesn't matter how many times I say that, you'll just never get it, because you are not a true professional.
If being a "true professional" is being a prescriptive blinkered sheep and tarred with the same brush as you, you Nazi baaa boy, then, no I am not and nor would I aspire to be.

My money is on the kid with the blakeys, he's got to be harder. Sort it out lads - breaktime round back of the bikeshed would seem the appropriate time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back