New water supply to detached garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have just built a new garage about 5 metres from the property and want to connect an electric shower (to wash the dogs). We have had the electrics done (inc a feed for a 7.5kw shower) but need to work out how best to connect off the existing water supply where it comes from the house to the outside tap.
I will dig a trench 750mm down between the two buildings and/or ensure we use an insulated 4"duct but I am somewhat at a loss on how to ensure I don't bury any connections when we need to bring the pipework up at 90 degrees from the ground against the wall to enter the property. The property is on a hill so the damp course is several courses above the current ground level plus the garage is built against higher ground where the water needs to come in so need to ensure the pipe passes into the garage above the damp proof membrane etc
What is my best method of connecting the 20mm mdpe to the feed for the outside tap ensuring I can still have an outside tap and that I comply with refs etc..
Any advice appreciated
Thanks
Lisa

Sponsored Links
Why do you need to bring it up into your house? It can just be tee'd into the run of water main between your house and the road

Thanks for the thought but We have no idea where the water pipe actually runs outside and don't want to be digging the drive etc up. plus we have a water meter just as it enters the house so can only take a feed off after the supply to that?

Sponsored Links
It is normal to bring a water pipe up within the building so that it is less likely to freeze up.

Conversely it would be equally normal to take a pipe out from within the building to leave 750 mm down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back