new WC cistern works?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The new WC's of the last year or so have various, and different from the old style, fill valves and flush valves and integral overflows.
I've noticed a number of questions about these items on various sites which suggests that basic information is lacking. It certainly is for me.
Would anyone care to talk us thro the above : the pro's and cons and how to properly install or avoid certain makes or suppliers.eg. the flap-valves vs. siphons "problem"? And how to adjust the cistern water level.

Sponsored Links
I found adjusting the cistern water level very easy, just follow the manufacturers instructions.

Don't cut off the overflow pipe much below the spill point in case you find you need the water deeper.

I can't see any scope for the flap valve being wrong.

Is there a problem that you've encountered?

Thanks for replying: if you get manufacturers instructions fine - sometimes. Given no instructions and the fill valve keeps filling to different levels no matter how it is adjusted up and down and the drop flush valve too seems to have a mind of it's own, a break-down diagram and a simple explanation of how the "new" parts work would help.

Sponsored Links
--tom:

1. Do you have a plumbing problem, or not?
2. Are you studying plumbing, and attempting to use the forum to answer exam questions?
3. Are you a plumber who's severely lacking in relevant experience to the jobs you're undertaking?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back