New WC only covers 50% of pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Amongst the newly fitted bathroom is a brand new Ideal Standard "White" WC (not much change out of £500 just for the complete WC).

The water does not reach the front of the pan ! Are there some new rules that say the WC only needs to cover 50% of the pan ! This is the comment from Ideal Standard. I'm not happy but need some advice before I take this any further.

I would appreciate your help, as ever I am very grateful.

Sponsored Links
do you mean when u flush it , it does not come round the front to clear urine/or whatever

JPC said:
do you mean when u flush it , it does not come round the front to clear urine/or whatever

Yes, sorry I can't get my head around this, it is annoying the hell out of me "me duck" .... Fellow Leicestonian talk !!!!

it can only be the design of the toilet...?

are u getting a flush ? ie 6 ltrs

Sponsored Links
Yes I get the flush but only towards the back and it seems reasonable but the front is very very poor.

I realise there is a 6 litre limit but this surely can't be 6 litres - how can I improve the performance ?

The water should obviously flush the entire pan. If you can stick tiny bits of tissue paper to it which don't get washed away, either the pan or the installation is faulty. What exactly is their comment and is it in writing?

If things are horizontal, vertical etc and there's nothing daft like foreign bodies in the cistern, about all that can go wrong is the protrusion of the plastic threaded spigot, under the cistern, into the recess in the rear of the pan. Some have been obstructed that way, but most designs preclude it now.

If it's faulty and you kick up a fuss, I-S WILL replace it at their cost - at least they did when I squealed at them about 7 years ago. That took 4 pans of a new design to get it right... We sprinkled it with talcum powder and took pictures. Fortunately it was a godawful colour (maybe it was longer ago...)so it showed up! Try tea leaves? If you tell them you're going to publish pics on a popular website..... :evil:

ChrisR said:
The water should obviously flush the entire pan. If you can stick tiny bits of tissue paper to it which don't get washed away, either the pan or the installation is faulty. What exactly is their comment and is it in writing?

If things are horizontal, vertical etc and there's nothing daft like foreign bodies in the cistern, about all that can go wrong is the protrusion of the plastic threaded spigot, under the cistern, into the recess in the rear of the pan. Some have been obstructed that way, but most designs preclude it now.

If it's faulty and you kick up a fuss, I-S WILL replace it at their cost - at least they did when I squealed at them about 7 years ago. That took 4 pans of a new design to get it right... We sprinkled it with talcum powder and took pictures. Fortunately it was a godawful colour (maybe it was longer ago...)so it showed up! Try tea leaves? If you tell them you're going to publish pics on a popular website..... :evil:

Chris

Nothing in writing yet and I have only made one phone.

Unfortunately we have had a very bad experience with a plumber. On the WC alone when he first fitted it, the toilet seat wouldn't stay up - you'd have thought that was every girls dream but it was the biggest nightmare for my husband !
This has probably happened because the plumber didn't leave enough space between the cistern and the pan. You see the installation diagram shows cistern sitting on the pan but only just, the plumber has got it sitting on the pan by at least 1 inch. Could that make a difference ?

Harpic duck (coloured green) would probably stay there for weeks but I can't stand looking at it. I will definitely take pictures and use the date and time on the camera. Above all it's not hygienic.

to be fair its hard to not sit the cistern correctly on the pan.

the toilet seat probably wants its fixing turning round so the hinge is further forward.

Thanks Jamie

In fairness the toilet seat has been fixed. I will write to Ideal Standard about the lack of water when flushing.

Cheers.

Are you sure you have spelt your name correctly? Shouldn't it be "Tshona"?

No, I am sorry, you have spelt it correctly! I was wrong!

It does not happen often but when it does I admit it!

Well, actually I was not wrong myself, I was given false info which I had repeated. I still take responsibility and apologise for it.

Tony

Agile said:
No, I am sorry, you have spelt it correctly! I was wrong!

It does not happen often but when it does I admit it!

Well, actually I was not wrong myself, I was given false info which I had repeated. I still take responsibility and apologise for it.

Tony

hell fire i'm gonna print that and frame it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

If it's any use at all, my experience with I.S. with their Trevi showers is that they are a superb company. They sent out a new faulty showerhead with a pre-stamped reply label on the basis of a telephone complaint & no evidence of a receipt.

I believe they offer a 5 year guarantee on their products.

Decent, honourable company, IMO.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back