Scratched WC Pan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a new bathroom fitted out recently and the tiler put left over plaster down the WC pan. It stuck to the bottom of the pan u bend and while I've been able to scrape it off the surface stil feels rough. I'm afraid it will not clean properly now. Is the only solution a new WC pan or can the glazed finish be restored.

Sponsored Links
What kind of tiller puts left over plaster ( adhesive? ) down the loo?

A pretty slap dash one I would suggest!

The penny has just dropped reading Agile's post it's not plaster but adhesive. Try the bailing out and then soak the adhesive with methylated sprit that should soften it. if not the rubber is still worth trying.
What about the tiler have you grabbed him by the ear and stuck his head down the toilet yet? :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that everybody. Looks like I might get a new pan, negotiations in progress.

With left over cement, plaster or tile adhesive I wrap it in newspaper and put it in the landfill waste bin!

But then I like to do jobs properly and treat customer's homes as I would my own!

If its adhesive sticking onto the glaze then I would try using 32% HCl and see if that loosens it!

I've now heard this three times about tilers chucking adhesive down the bog
What numty does this I'd get on to him and tell him to clean it or get you a
New pan what ar tradesmen coming to I really do worry what the next few
Generations are going to bring

I often think that its the customer's fault for choosing a rough unshaved character who is cheap and looks like Desperate Dan!

If a plumber turned up at mine in a DJ and dickie I'd assume he charged too much and send him on his way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back