New WC only covers 50% of pan

Thats really very good to hear!

I do have to say that whilst I generally stay clear of showers, when I had a real problem with a Triton shower pump, their response was absolutely abysmal when it failed within five days.

I have also had some very helpful comments from the Technical Director of Stuart Turner who implied that they take the reliability of their products very seriously.

I have never had any problem with Watermill pumps but their warranty information says that they send their own engineer out to any problems and that fills me with encouragement to use their products.

Good luck

Tony

PS Why did they send out a replacement "faulty" shower head?

Spoke to a nice Shona tonight who is coming to our next party!

Sponsored Links
Well Tony you had me quite puzzled and a little worried. I've woken up especially to check for a reply from you ....

I hope I am successful with Ideal Standard - having paid through the nose for a classy looking wc the performance is abysmal !

I will keep you all posted. Thanks for taking the time to read this post. There is more to come on the bathroom from hell .... :(

Hi Shona, I've got 3 "White" toilets in my house and they all work fine. You definately have a fault with the pan or the install.

Symo

Its just a long shot!

The water to flush the pan comes through one, two or three holes at the back of the pan.

When they are supplied they sometimes have one or more plastic blanking plugs but no instructions as to when the plastic should or should not be left in place.

You could have a look, maybe with a mirror and see how many holes your has ? Then feel jently with a piece of wire to see if any of them are blocked up.

If there are three or four holes then try blocking the centre one(s) and see what effect that has on the flush.

I assume that the water level in the cistern is correct and not to low.

I am sorry if I confused you but you had unknowingly confused me! Shona is the majority tribe in Zimbabwe! However I have just noticed that its now also used as a first name in the UK.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Tony, EliteHeat, Kev, Symo & all who have responded thanks.

I called Ideal Standard today and after taking the cistern lid off and describing the plumbing works they have offered a replacement pan .... I now need to call the plumbing merchant with my reference number and source a new plumber (the first one won't come back).

Would still choose this WC Symo as it looks lovely and I have the bath to go with it !

Tony, Shona is a first name, in Wales it's spelt Shonnagh and sometimes with one 'n'... Definitely not from Zimbabwe !!! I even checked Wikipedia !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back