new WC requires refill tube?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a new toilet to replace by existing bathroom toilet (I haven't fitted it yet). According to the instructions there is a tube that connects the refill valve to the overflow tube (marked as 'refill tube'). There was no tube in the packet and the output hole from the fill valve had a plastic plug in it.

My old toilet was a similar close coupled design and does not have a refill tube nor a hole to connect one and seems to have worked fine without it - in that the pan fills up adequately after the flush to prevent sewer smells.

Looking online you can buy these tubes but seems to only be in America, not in the UK (where I am)

perhaps this is something that only affects american design pans? and so is not required in the UK?

I guess I could just get a piece of pipe and connect it if it squirts water out when it refills - but was just curious if this is something that generally you would expect to have installed in a UK toilet?

cheers

Sponsored Links
If you do indeed have US parts then you need the tube (altho it would depend on what fill valve and flush valve you have) - its usually in the fill valve box with a clip. The tube refills the WC pan (it goes into the overflow tube on the flush valve) and brings the water in the pan up to sealing level.

What makes do you have eg. Fluidmaster?

Hi the fill valve says 'nuca a101 WRAS approved product'. definitely nothing else in the bag - but could just have been packed wrong. Looking on google looks like it just some Chinese product. Bought it from a UK website but that doesn't mean much. Think I'll install it, see what happens and get hold of some tube from somewhere if it needs it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back