wc valve letting by

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
stopped the damned thing leaking now with a new donut, and had to wedge the cistern level to the pan...all hunky dory.
NOW the damned thing is letting by at the flush end of the valve (its one of these new drop valve things) as it has a small pipe out of the top of the drop flap that is open. I have put my finger over the end and can hear the water stopping dripping into the pan (overflow?) but this small pipe is only 2" long so is constantly immersed. As the water level drops the float drops and starts the cistern refilling.
What am I missing here?
Can I block this little open tube?

Sponsored Links
is this the problem?...
"the small tube that goes from the fill valve to the overflow tube is too long and sticks down too far into the overflow tube it is possible with some valves to have water siphon into the overflow tube and cause the level to drop sufficiently to cause the tank fill valve to turn on to refill the tank. Just make sure that the makeup tube is not stuck more that a quarter of an inch into the overflow tube and you will eliminate this as a possible problem."
this was taken from an American site, but cannot find anything over here

SORTED...one of those late night revelation sort of things...the pipe wasnt 2" long...it had been snapped off!!! It was supposed to run to the top of the overflow pipe DOH!
There was just enough to reconnect the pipe to both ends luckily so now all ship shape, water tight and working AT LAST

Asked
Reasoned
Researched
and Answered all by myself :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back