New Windows Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please give me a recommendation as to the best and most reliable company to use for getting new windows fitted.

Weatherseal have recently been in touch by phone, but I have read loads of bad reviews so I would like to have thoughts of anyone that have had next to no problems with their new windows or after sales service from any company in particular that they could care to recommend to me.

Scotland area.

Sponsored Links
ask friends and family who they have used and ask if they would recomend them dont always go for the lowest price as this can mean low grade product ! get quotes ! and ask if their profile is german ( after 20 years doing pvc ive found these are the best and last longer ) ask about locks (insurance) who takes away old windows ! and after sales service if you get a little niggle you may need some adjustments . hope this helps :)

no the windows are usually made here but the window plastic ( profile) is of german composition (decurnik, schuco ) both german makes .steer clear of big national companys fitters are usually subcontractors and dont care about the customer they get paid to do a job as fast as poss and change jobs from week to week hope this helps rob

Sponsored Links
steer clear of big national companys fitters are usually subcontractors and dont care about the customer they get paid to do a job as fast as poss and change jobs from week to week hope this helps rob

You talking about companies like Everest?

the everest product is very good as far as i know 1 of the better systems not sure if the fitters there are subys or not but you will pay about 4 times more than any where else they are very expensive . if any sales people start the hard sell and want you to sign straight away or you will lose todays discount kick em out your house . try to get some recomends!

I suppose I could ask whether their subys or not. but of course how would I prove they are telling the truth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back