New Worcester 240 diverter valve with extra adjuster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I changed the front diaphragm some years and it's been working fine up until a few days ago when I noticed small leak where the HW part joins to the CH part. I ordered a complete part and plan to replace it today but noticed an black plastic adjuster on the HW side that wasn't on the old unit (see pic attached with flow restrictor placed on top) is this to adjust the flow rate of the HW?. On the old valve there was no such adjuster but the was a flow restrictor placed in the input to the the water to water heat exchanger. If this is a new adjuster do I need to take out existing flow restrictor?

IMG_20210604_122606.jpg

Sponsored Links
It is simply a manual flow adjuster, you can leave the fflow restrictor in and leave the manual adjuster at max, will do the same thing, depending on your incoming water quality, there is a small O ring inside the flow restrictors and these can swell up, and reduce the water flow

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back