New world DFT91 range cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone can help me regarding my dual fuel New world dft91 range cooker which keeps causing problems, something just cant be right i'm just not sure what the cause of all the problems is.

fault 1: mains plugs overheated and burnt out - replaced plug

fault 2: heating element burnt out - replaced element

fault 3: heating element burnt out - replaced element

fault 4: spade connector on back of heating element burnt out - replaced connector

fault 5: wires into spade connection at heating element burnt away - dont know how to fix this please help!

all in the space of 5.5 years?? :mad: :cry:

Just before xmas aswell....

Sponsored Links
You don't give any details about the spec. in particular the oven element ratings & the only ref I can find about that model says it should be hard wired so I suspect that is why your plug has burnt out. Oven elements do fail especially if you replace them with non manufacturers parts. The connectors overheating is probably a design issue. You may be unlucky or it may be a crap model but I don't know for sure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back