Newbee help please

Daz son you have missed out on a apprenticeship & that 4 years of the one-to-one of a journeyman, their tips & skills can't be learned on a mickey mouse course or at college.

Bits of paper will never make you a Plumber, doing a Bathroom change or a combi boiler swop in a day to a high standard, is what people are looking for - speed & skill, speed & skill.

Even with the credit crunch, we only retain fast, high skill guys and never ever would employ CC/CCCs.

So, back to the rounds Pat!!!

Sponsored Links
well if you say so Delta T back to the rounds it is. Who am i to disagree with a timed served plumbing and heating engineer.

I suppose the 22k i get for walking round in the fresh air will have to do it is a hard life i lead no boss 6 weeks paid holiday, sick pay, pension etc etc but hey if its what us thick as mince posties have to put up with oh well.

i suppose the jobs im getting at the moment will be nice beer nights out and holidays etc

yes i may be on the first rung but its a career path hence the progression up it.

Cheers Daz

Daz I fear for you that you will not make the money of the post man job. I have yet to make the nurses pay after 8 years.

When I was doing work for BG it grossed at £20 an hour, but when you take off fixed and variable overheads it is £11 an hour before tax. People earn £10 hr for stacking shelves overnight.

The problem with £11 /hr is that it doesn't compensate you for the responsibility of leaving 10 properties a day 's gas appliances and systems entirely in your come back your jail sensence should anything go wrong. which far outweighs that of a shelf stacker.

Gas fitters wages are now far too low, and the wage a self employed cc can achieve is well below minimum wage. I bump into people all the time who have found that the hard way given up and are now doing a totally unrelated job, but actually earni8ng money.

There isn't a 20th of the work out there now that there was when I started, and what few jobs there are there are 20 guys in every local paper, you are unlikely to even be picked out for a phone call, let alone win your job when you go compared to all the otheers they will get quotes from. Job is finished for the time being.

Anyone know of a course for removing chips?............Try Gavin from Autoglass.
HTH...................... :LOL: :LOL:

NO! Gavin from autoglass just injects his special resin into cracks, my wife told me so.

Sponsored Links
well if you say so Delta T back to the rounds it is. Who am i to disagree with a timed served plumbing and heating engineer.

I suppose the 22k i get for walking round in the fresh air will have to do it is a hard life i lead no boss 6 weeks paid holiday, sick pay, pension etc etc but hey if its what us thick as mince posties have to put up with oh well.

i suppose the jobs im getting at the moment will be nice beer nights out and holidays etc

You got no chance of earning that as a cc plumber.

I didn't do an apprenticeship and im shaping up ok. Although I do see the HUGE advantage of doing 1 providing the guy in charge doesn't "like" young men ;)

back door merchants have destroyed this trade so why would we want to help them out, what for? so they can undercut us an steel our work
joke this. :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back