Newbie Honeywell ST9400C operation question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I just had a Honeywell ST9400C installed into my home yesterday, and I have a newbie question that hopefully someone will be able to answer.

Basically, with our old controller, we never used the timer and switched it on and off whenever we wanted to. With this new ST9400C, is there a way we can do the same, i.e. not use any of the three daily programmes and just switch on/off the hot water/heating as and when?

Having read the manual, I'm guessing that we could just set the mode to Auto, set the three daily programmes to off (by having each start/end time match), and then use the override button to turn it on/of manually?

Or alternatively we could set the three daily programmes to off and switch the mode between On and Off when we want it on and off?

Does this make sense? Hopefully someone with some knowledge of the ST9400C has an answer!

I know I should move with the times and use the programmer, but I like to be in control! :)

Thanks in advance for any/all replies!

Sponsored Links
Why spend all that money on a programmer if you are not going to make use of it? All you needed was two switches (£5)- one for the heating; the other for the hot water!

Just drop the bar down to off. :rolleyes:

Good point! :oops: And for when I want it on, I presume the bar would need to be moved to 'Cont'?!!

Why spend all that money on a programmer if you are not going to make use of it? All you needed was two switches (£5)- one for the heating; the other for the hot water!

Long story, but basically I didn't have a choice and I didn't have to pay for it anyway! ;) Don't ask...!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back