Newbie Question - Hot Water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Apologies if this question has been asked and answered before. I've checked the first few pages of the forums and the wiki and also done a search and come up with nothing thus far.

The flat I rent has a Vokera Linea 24 28 installed. For the last few weeks, when I use the hot water in the shower (and other rooms), the temperature cycles through from freezing cold to the selected temperature and back again in a fairly regular, repeating cycle.

The pressure valve on the boiler is reading 2.2 (which I gather from the FAQs is quite high). When switching the boiler from 'hot water only' mode to 'central heating and hot water' mode and back again, the pressure gauge dances a little bit between 2.2 and 2.3.

I have checked the installation manual (http://vokera.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/linea_24_and_28_installation_and_servicing_instructions.pdf) and the user guide (http://vokera.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/linea_24_28_users_instructions.pdf), but there's nit really any information in them about what the issue might be. I'm making the assumption that the issue is with the pressure, but can't be certain.

Can anyone suggest what might be happening? I have complained to the landlord a couple of times and have been told it will solve itself as the boiler is "brand new" (which is obviously rubbish).

Thanks a lot in advance

~Michael

Sponsored Links
I've actually just turned the shower on in the bathroom and gone to watch what happens to the boiler (I guess I should have done that before). When the hot water is on, the pressure on the boiler drops to 1.9 and the pilot light ignites. When the temperature gets to 55c, the light goes out and the temp drops like a stone until it hits 25c, then the flame goes back on again and the temp goes back up to 55c, when the cycle repeats.

This doesn't seem right to me. The boiler it hooked up tot he radiators as well, but they seem fine.

Thanks

~M

1st guess is that the plate heat exchanger is blocked. Quite common on linea's.

Your landlord needs to get an RGI in to clean / replace the offending part. It will not get better on its own.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. I'll put the screws to my landlord. At least I feel better informed about the whole thing.

~M

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back