Vokera Compact overflow constantly dripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I've found a couple of useful threads using the search, but was hoping someone could finalize the diagnosis!

Yesterday I thought I'd give the CH a test as it hasn't been used in a while. Looking back this probably wasn't a good idea. The pressure was almost in the red at the high end of the gauge, the boiler fired up OK and the CH worked but the pressure got all the way to to the top of the gauge, there was then a kind of pop and water draining sound (I'm guessing this was the safety valve finally opening?).

There was water trickling from the overflow, and this has now reduced a constant drip. I've tried manually opening the safety valve with the lever to see if it hadn't seated correctly but the dripping continues!

Thanks to some other threads, I've found the servicing manual here http://vokera.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/compact-se-installation-and-servicing-manual.pdf

Any ideas what I've broken or any more suggestions to fix?!

Thanks!

Will

Sponsored Links
If the pressure was high before you fired the boiler it sounds like the filling loop was passing slightly. The prv's very often don't reseal once they have opened, if you cant reseal it by doing what you've done you may need a new one.

Thanks for the quick response! It actually seems to have stopped dripping now, I'm hoping there was a lag after reseating the safety valve while the residual stuff dripped out...

Guess I'll have to wait and see if the high system pressure situation returns, is it possible it could be just the hot weather if it hasn't been run since the winter?

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with the hot weather and most likely everything to do with someone not closing the filling loop completely.

Boiler pressure gauge should be on about 1 bar when cold (or in a greeen sector not red). If it was high before you started the boiler then of course the Pressure relief will release excess (dangerous) pressure.

When cold you need to make sure the filling loop is closed and release pressure by venting a radiator (using the PRV can make it pass and drip, but its a lot quicker)

Next time you heat the CH up

!) if the Pressure goes sky high again the pressuve vessel needs checking.
2) If the pressure stays at around 2 bar but the PRV still drips then the PRV needs removing and either cleaning or replacing.
3) If the boiler pressure keep climbing overmight when nothing is on then the filling loop is passing.

Alfredo

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back