newbie seeking advice

the lead comes into house then about 15 inches up a compression fitting with copper pipe joins the stoptap then about 10 inches copper before the next compression joint then its back to lead up the wall to upstairs combi boiler

Well I would take a clamp to the copper and connect the bond THROUGH the clamp and onto the soldered lead effort, just as a failsafe incase the solder fails/snaps

Sponsored Links
thanks widdler i understand what your saying wire it to both

Yeah, but don't cut it at the copper. Strip the outer sheathing and bend the cable round the clamps screw.

:confused: I think I said that right.

I have just rung my trusty helpine (the IEE) about this, and this is the first time they have failed to give me a solid answer.

that lead pipe needs to come out..
I'm not certain but i think it's something to do with quality of water regulations or something..
the plumbers would be able to tell you more..

Sponsored Links
like if you had a chain of earth clamps at combi boiler pipework, gotch sorry i didnt explain myself very well, thanks for trying your trusty helpline for me though will get the plumber round for the soldering though on pipe

I'm not certain but i think it's something to do with quality of water regulations or something..
nightmare i was dreading that! but in all honesty im suprised it hasnt leaked anywhere .......yet! will speak to plumber sooner than later then

Come to think of it, I remember BAS putting a link somewhere to the Wiki with lead poisoning etc on this topic ages ago..

Ask the plumbs, they should know more.

I actually meant the guys over on the plumbing forum.. they will know better than us sparkies.. ( water and electricity doesn't mix.. ;) :LOL: )

i will put a post up on the plumbing section tomorrow, thanks for everybodies input on the topic , will post back when i get a response for other ppl .

many thanks to prentice boy widdler coljack and rf lighting for all valued input on my post. to update about lead pipe currently at parents property i saw my plumber at shops and explained situation he strongly advised that the lead pipe taken out and explained associated risks. iam very grateful for the advice given on lead pipes . willl stick around and learn more andrew.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back