newbie seeking advice

I've just been rewiring a kitchen.

I have installed a 4.0mm² supply to a grid switch above the worktop to supply the washer, dryer and dishwasher, with an engraved socket behind each appliance.

A 2.5mm² supply to a 2 gang grid switch for the oven and extractor hood.

A 2.5mm² supply for a socket for the fridge.

A 6.0mm² supply for the induction hob.

All these circuits are in flush mounted steel conduit to keep them off RCD.

Then there is a general ring supplying 6no. twin sockets at worktop height. This circuit also supplies the living room sockets, and is on RCD.

Sponsored Links
got the application form here to fill in will give plenty of advance notice want it to be done right first time parents having a fit when i say floorboards need to come up already!!! havent told them about the chasing or mess yet :LOL:

I've just been rewiring a kitchen.

I have installed a 4.0mm² supply to a grid switch above the worktop to supply the washer, dryer and dishwasher, with an engraved socket behind each appliance.

A 2.5mm² supply to a 2 gang grid switch for the oven and extractor hood.

A 2.5mm² supply for a socket for the fridge.

A 6.0mm² supply for the induction hob.

All these circuits are in flush mounted steel conduit to keep them off RCD.

Then there is a general ring supplying 6no. twin sockets at worktop height. This circuit also supplies the living room sockets, and is on RCD.
sounds a big job that!! luckily for me its a gas hob ccoker.

Sponsored Links
Is it lead on both sides of the stop tap, or just on the incommer?

I am starting the first fix on monday for another kitchen.

The guy wants no socket visible on the wall as he is having glass all along the back. So we have agreed that there will be a grid switch in the top of the cupboard where it could not be obstrucuted.

1 x Microwave Oven
1 x Coffe Machine
1 x Warm Drawer
1 x Steam Oven
1 x Dishwasher
1 x Waste Disposal
1 x Oven (3.6kW)

Plus there is an island where the ring main will be, and a hob circuit for a 7.6kW hob.
Is it me or are hobs gettin rediculous :eek:

He currently has an mk split load db. The ring will remain on the RCD, and the appliances, hob and cooker circuit will not.

You can solder the earth to a lead pipe if you are any good at plumbing

What's a warm drawer? :confused:

Not 100% sure to be honest. I've got the plans here from the kitchen company and it just gives me the applainces and their ratings. I think it may be something like one of those hostess trolley things that keep the food hot, but fixed in the wall.

the lead comes into house then about 15 inches up a compression fitting with copper pipe joins the stoptap then about 10 inches copper before the next compression joint then its back to lead up the wall to upstairs combi boiler

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back