Newbie user with a question on Suprima boiler (cutting out)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone what a great site which everyone can share knowledge and help one another!!!

Quick question ..My suprima 80 boiler keeps cutting out and I have to reset it quite often. (red light flashes)
However, sometimes it will be fine for weeks!!!

very puzzling. Any help/ ideas apprecaited

Dhalsu
:LOL:

Sponsored Links
Either the high limit thermostat, the temperature sensor (both quite cheap but not very likely) or the pcb - likely and expensive.

If you're familiar with electronics bits it's worth cleaning the connectors and resoldering connector and relay pins.

Do a search on Suprima.

It is possible that the thing really IS overheating of course, but so often it turns out to be a faulty pcb.

thanks dude... what does 'PCB' stand for and where abouts do I find this thing?
:rolleyes:

as you do not know what pcb stands for it is unlikeley you will know what to do with it when you find it :cry: sorry but some imes a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, you could do more harm than good, even serious injury, but for reference pcb is Printed Circuit Board

Sponsored Links
Good advice. If it's a recent boiler Potterton will do a fix for a fixed fee, which depends on your area. They often just change everything if you can't reproduce the fault. Don't expect a boiler engr to find a fault he can't make happen!

thanks chaps.. will give potterton a ring next week to see if I can get their 'fixed fee' service.

Any ideas roughly how much this is?
PS. I assume I just call potterton head office and get the number from directory enquires?

directory enquiries cost more than the web does, try a search engine (i did and guess what came up first)

£170 was one price. Rrp on a new board is £230.

phoned up potters and they quoted £195 fixed fee as long as the problem was not the heater exchanger . Seems to me that this exchanger thing must cost some serioud bucks. Anyone know what it is and what is does?

happy new year!

It's the business bit, flames one side and water inside.. Nowt to do with firing - all it could do wrong is leak!

guys.. thanks for the advice.
got potterton out and they changed the PCB. All seems to be fine now.
PS £195 fixed fee. jeezzz!!!

ChrisR said:
It's the business bit, flames one side and water inside.. Nowt to do with firing - all it could do wrong is leak!

..........and scale up (ours did)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back