Newbie wine rack project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm a DIY newbie and would like to tackle my first project of building something. I've got experience with DIY plastering, electrics and a few bits and bobs here and there but nothing built from scratch.

I would like to build a wine rack in wood to fit in a space in my kitchen so I can paint to match and will look like a flush finish. I didn't really want to just buy something close and not have it fit properly.

I have attached an image of the space and here are the dimensions:
Depth: 500mm
Width: 152mm
Height: 706mm

I would like at least 100mm width and height for each wine bottle slot.

Apart from that I have no idea the best way of proceeding. I thought possibly to put to side panels in pre drilled for little metal bookcase shelf pins and slot shelves in that way, or actually build a solid frame unit for the whole rack and slide the whole unit in.

Any help or advice would be gratefully received!

J

Sponsored Links
How about dowel set in pairs across the space? Remember to have the neck support higher than the main bottle one.
If the sides are not accessible from the front, possibly you could drill from the adjacent cupboard.
Keep well filled!

152mm? you can fit a B&Q IT kitchen range wine rack in there... might need a bit of a trim top or bottom as it's usually on legs but should do ok..

Sponsored Links
Yes indeed it will, I'm off to get it and I'll trim down the top to fit.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Nice one :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back