Newlec nlph1500t noisy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a wall mounted newlec nlph1500t which is currently working just fine. Pumps heating on when needed, on timer or on full mode. The problem is it's making a noise. It sounds like a clucking noise as if something's spinning inside and some parts touching each other. Does it every 5-10 seconds.
This is NOT when the heater is coming on to start heating, it's not the elements cracking or anything, that's a different noise.

Any suggestions are welcome, many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
is it a fan heater? What do you mean by "pumps?"

has it got a timer driven by a synchronous motor? If so, it'll be the timer.

That is a rebadged Dimplex convector heater. There are no moving parts other than the timer.

Timer is TIGP7D0006 - TIMER 7 DAY 240V GRASSLIN BIRCH. People selling it for £80+ but Dimplex do it for around £34 incl vat (but not postage).

Usually in those timers the plastic gear wheels wear out.

Sponsored Links
Timer is TIGP7D0006 - TIMER 7 DAY 240V GRASSLIN BIRCH. People selling it for £80+ but Dimplex do it for around £34 incl vat (but not postage).

Usually in those timers the plastic gear wheels wear out.

that's what I figured, many thanks. I think I would need an electrician to replace that after the pandemic?

Meh... Depends on your practical experience. If not sure don't do. It will probably carry on working fine for quite a while anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back