Newly Fitted Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I initially posted this in the windows/doors forum with limited success so if ok I would like to try here!?

We have recently had our old wooden windows replaced with nice new double glazed ones, the house is single block and the new windows seem to be relatively the same 'depth' as the walls. I need to finish off plasterboarding the internal walls and was wondering how the windows should be finished as there will be only about a 30mm recess?

Should I board right up to the upvc, and will the plasterer finish off, and would we need to fit internal 'sills'? Hope the images help in explaining? //www.diynot.com/network/Rusty10/albums/

Thanks in advance for any advice help!

Sponsored Links
hi m8te i had a a stint working for a window firm as a plaster patcher renderer can you not use window trim round the window frame and you can get a lenth of sill and cut it in place window trim can be used inside/outside
or just dab out the reveals with 9.5mm board bead up and skim fether in the bead on the faceing walls or use joint fill smooth over the beads then sand back job done
out use window trim or with a grinder cut back the render 3ins from the corners then useing wet cast bead set the beads in over night
i use plasterboard adyy with pva in the mix set's quick and hard use pins just too hold in place remove when dry
EVA or wet the walls try your best too mach in the render (mix and finish)
PS BEST PLACE FOR PLASTICS IS EUROCILL GOOGLE IT

AAARRRRR ust looked a pics m8te looks like you need a spread in too skim the walls id say with that one m8te too clean out round the windows
imbertween walls and frame bond out with bonding set beads and skim if your d&ding the wall THEN JUST SKIM WIth board s

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back