Newly Painted Bathroom Woodwork Yellow spots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I recently refurbished our bathroom, the skirting board and door were lightly rubbed down, I then applied some old oil based undercoat and then some water based gloss on top. I have just noticed on all the painted wood tiny yellowish dots all over. Not sure whats causing this. There doesn't seem to be any on the walls painted in soft sheen emulsion or the ceiling painted in acrylic eggshell. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
Victor

Sponsored Links
I can't remember how long I left it to cure, probably a day, it was painted 4 months ago approx. I also wonder if the undercoat being old may have been a problem as well, I now remember it was quite difficult to mix the undercoat through without the oily part separating. I was thinking maybe I should rub down and repaint with water based quick dry new undercoat and gloss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back