News from foreign shores.

Sponsored Links
Everybody knows that that part of the world is a little backwards. They aren't educated in the way we in the west are and there society is hundreds of years behind us. I'm not defending their reaction at all, but surely the yanks should take a bit of care sometimes, especially seeing as they're in their country. Burning the koran, however ridiculous the reaction has been, is just asking for trouble. Why is it that it's only ever the yanks that do things like this? They really don't help themselves sometimes. Just like the way they're far too trigger happy. We ask questions first then shoot whereas the yanks shoot first them ask questions later!

Hopefully in a few hundred years once the rest of the world has caught up to us in the west in terms of education & living standards religion will be banished to history.

Anyway, it's time we got out of that hell hole. What a waste of money and lives it has been. Did anybody seriously think we could turn it into some sort of western style democracy? What a shame so many young lads have lost their lives out there. And for what?

Are we still talking about Bolton?? :LOL: :LOL:

On a serious note yes too many young lives have been lost out there, i propose if it happens again do not send in the ground troops, NUKE EM!

Why are people so greedy now?
My Mum walked a mile to school everyday barefoot because they couldn't afford footware. She went to sunday school the same way.
Nowadays every child has the latest trainers, x box, mobile, i pad etc etc. And walk to school? Are you joking!
My Dad ploughed with horses because he couldn't afford a headless horse and trampled flax up to his knees in a quagmire.
It must be because of the huge rise in atheism. Well we can't blame it on religion can we ?? cos it has died out.
R.I.P Religion. All hail the might of atheism and the new world order of debt, debt and more debt. Hallelulah.

Not sure if this is a clever parody or just dumb "We should go back to grubbing in fields" hippy crap.

LargeWrench said:
but surely the yanks should take a bit of care sometimes, especially seeing as they're in their country. Burning the koran, however ridiculous the reaction has been, is just asking for trouble. Why is it that it's only ever the yanks that do things like this? They really don't help themselves sometimes. Just like the way they're far too trigger happy. We ask questions first then shoot whereas the yanks shoot first them ask questions later!

There are about 100 thousand US personal in the gan, let's be fair here and say that with that many people, statistically a few are going to be "bad apples".

What planet are you living on? The uk is bust.

An economy worth several trillion a year, 600 billion in tax collected, 700 billion spent by the government.

Bust?

We are still a hugely productive rich nation, our government risks wrecking this if it doesn't get the deficit under control, and stop messing about with regulation that kills business.

cantaloup63 said:
The problem is that we've substantially reduced our ability to manufacture things from raw materials which we can then sell at a profit. In effect the UK has truly become a nation of shopkeepers and middlemen; which is fine providing the globe has people who want to trade via our services and that there are people than can afford to buy these goods.

manufacturing_graph_550p.jpg

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/22/manufacturing_figures/

I am in an argumentative mood today :p

Sponsored Links
Back