Newworld cooker wiring installation help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there i recently purchased a single oven 4 hob electric cooker...my last cooker was easy to wire...there were 3 points in the terminal. one for brown one for blue and one for earth..very simple... but the new cooker has 6 points 3 live 2 neutral and 1 earth (see pic) how the hell do i wire this thing...
the wire in my home has one large grey covered wire and in it there is one brown one blue and one copper earth wire. thats it.

so i fitted the brown live to live 1 and neutral to neutral 4 and also tried 5. there are copper connecters connecting each point on live 123 and neutral 4 and 5. and i earyherd it... but the cooker wont work i dont get it. can someone help me. also theres nowhere to put the wire physically in this terminal i just tucked it under the screw btw. please help

Sponsored Links
The live connections should be linked together, as indeed so should the neutrals......often you can see the brass links.
Is the cooker totally dead? Often enough the clock has to be set before the thing will work.
John :)

The live connections should be linked together, as indeed so should the neutrals......often you can see the brass links.
Is the cooker totally dead? Often enough the clock has to be set before the thing will work.
John :)

hi john im going to remove the post because i actually had the thing wired correctly all along lol there was a thermostat button on the cooker that needed to be switched on before it worked ha...but its all wired up correctly now anyways cheers john

Hi,
I have bought the same cooker, and very confused about wiring it.

I bought it used, the seller has given me the cable as well. When I tried to connect it in the cooker, I noticed that the Live brown cable is longer than the blue one, and it seems to be connected before in the position 4, which is according to the manual should be connected to neutral one (blue) see picture.

So my question is it possible that the seller was connecting the brown to neutral, and blue to live connection?

Could that work?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-02-04 at 9.16.06 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-02-04 at 9.16.06 PM.jpeg
    121.5 KB · Views: 3,330
Sponsored Links
Can't tell anything from that blurred pic. but it appears you have a wiring diagram stuck to the cooker. Connect it as the diagram says.
In answer to your question reversing the polarity will probably not stop it working but it should be connected properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back