1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Next door is getting Dashed

Discussion in 'Plastering and Rendering' started by roy c, 27 Feb 2016.

1. roy c

roy c

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Like the title said, My wife is up in Edinburgh at the moment as her mother hasn't been well of late.She phoned me up today and said,Next doors house is getting dashed (Or Harled if you live up there) and the contractor has been round and told my wife that they are knocking the old coating off next door and re dashing it. But he said that the dash on her moms side is a bit boxy and they think that some might come off when they start knocking next doors off. And they said it is not up to them to make it good after!! Well I think they should re-do anything that comes off her moms side and make good .What do you lads think?

2. Sponsored Links
  3. stevethespreader

stevethespreader

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think there making excuses for any damage before they even start work Roy get her to take pics of it before they start if any damage is done it will be recorded and they have to put it right if possible record them while they do it I would

4. roughcaster

roughcaster

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I think they should be held responsible too. As Steve says, take some pics or even a video. Is this a terraced house Roy or what? Even if they make a neat, straigh vertical cut first, and then remove the old "harling", fit a stop bead against the cut edge, then finish harling neatly to the stop bead. I think they just want to get going at any cost, and are not worried about next door. Can't quite picture the scenario though Roy,, terraced, semi-detached?

Last edited: 27 Feb 2016
  5. roy c

roy c

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks guys The area is up in Clermiston and they used to be "corpy" houses I think they are all semi's (2 in a block) Her sister has bought the house as it was the family house where all of the family stays when they all come down to Edin. Or in our case go up to Edin.

6. stevethespreader

stevethespreader

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So what's the latest on this post then roy ?did they do any damage?

Last edited: 11 Mar 2016
  7. roy c

roy c

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Steve the wife said they did a good job and everyone was happy. She took some photos but l havent seen them yet. I might try and get them up one of the days.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links