Next time you look at your tax bill.

Sponsored Links
Not far off the mark was I ?
I bet they screw the system for all it is worth ---- BTW I would in their position could it be peer pressure ? ;) ---- 'Tis the system which is wrong !!
Why do I have a strange feeling .. that those costs are going up ? To show them in a high state, then maybe lower due to scrutiny would surely cast doubts upon the legitimacy of such costs ... watch that space !!
;)

So what can an individual do about this??

Thought so....

Also, I heard on the TV the other night about how £?? million pounds were being allocated for some obscure types of projects, and applications etc.

Do you see were I'm going with this? Why allocate funds for these project and then ask for applications when we have hospitals closing, schools crumbling and little care for the elderly???

Mind you, come to think of it, some of the projects that have had lottery funding... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Is Gordo setting up the economy, with a looming G-Election, such that he could leave it in a bad state for the Torys should the result go against the book ?
Is the political trick to be able to lay economic foundations which more or less suit one's own policy, but more importantly makes pretty sure one's potential opponent's historical policies would not be easily implimented over a 4 yr period ?

Quite possibly. A very interesting theory. Maybe the Iraq problem, by dragging out is costing more than envisaged. Or maybe just sheer incompetence.

Either way the sneaky s*ds will make sure they are(all) OK.

How many could put their hand on their heart and say they wouldn't do the same if they were in that position?
How many take advantage of their employers one way or another ie leaving early from work or booking a couple of extra hours overtime?

Three times the old salary as 'extras' is a bit much !!

Kendor .. you are right of course we do (did) and really it is up to the company to sort out ..
But they are in public office, you and I are paying, and being, quite properly, demanding !
After all they made the promises !!

;)

MP's keep saying most of the expenses are for constituency offices, if that is true, perhaps we could find them an office in the local town hall and reduce the cost.

Mind you I don't think they would agree.

I dunno, council offices are not exactly cheap and efficient... although I agree that moving the MP in would save money. Plus possibly aiding better communication with councillors and the electorate... all I know about my MP is that I didn't vote for her, and I can also find the name of her road. If she was based in the council office/town hall then I would be far more likely to pay her a visit on key issues.

Perhaps this is why the MPs would object: politics might become a full-time job rather than a nice little earner on the side. :confused:

Not saying that some don't abuse their position but there are also some very hard working MP's that do a lot of good for their constituency, I have had personal experience of this, I was impressed by the concern and speed by which things got done, this included a personal visit to our house not leaving till late evening until we were happy.

kendor said:
Not saying that some don't abuse their position but there are also some very hard working MP's that do a lot of good for their constituency, I have had personal experience of this, I was impressed by the concern and speed by which things got done, this included a personal visit to our house not leaving till late evening until we were happy.

And that is precisely what they should be doing !!
BTW they deserve good publicity when they do well.

P

Sponsored Links
Back