NHS covert prvatisation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I‘ve been going to hospital for botox injections I have post stroke spasticity. The first time I went was fine the second time they had the wrong type this time the neurologist said my arm movement was fine and if he was to do the injection there would be a risk of my off ,my shoulder dislocating so didn’t do it my wife overheard the assistant say they were short of the toxin. I’ve since found out the doctor is part of a private clinic called pace rehabilitation isn’t this a conflict of interests and what can I do about it I’m supposed to having botox and not getting it I’ve been referred to a private clinic by him for FES an assessment All these ‘doctors ‘are doing is referring NHS patients to their own private clinics it feels like a conspiracy ( what happened to the free at the point of service) and there’s nothing we can do about it My wife worked in Christies hospital admin for a long time and witnessed change from a caring community to a factory whose only concern is output productivity run by ‘executives’ straight from uni looking for brownie points. It doesn’t matter to them where they are working. Couldn’t take it anymore and took early retirement

Sponsored Links
I think you're confusing the situation here. What they have done, (if your assesment is true) is unacceptable, but as you haven't paid for anything, they are not privatising the NHS, just outsourcing the job to the private sector.

Contact the doctor who referred you, and raise your concerns. They should then check if you're being given the right treatment, or if the clinics misbehaving, and needs taking off the referalls list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a frozen shoulder. The physio treated me in my surgery, but was a private contractor working for the surgery (and presumably others)
You may not agree with it (I don't) but don't forget that your nhs dr is actually a private contractor to the NHS. Gp's work for themselves, most contract to the NHS.

I had a frozen shoulder. The physio treated me in my surgery, but was a private contractor working for the surgery (and presumably others)
You may not agree with it (I don't) but don't forget that your nhs dr is actually a private contractor to the NHS. Gp's work for themselves, most contract to the NHS.

The problem with these private contractors is they are taking the profitable treatments and leaving the longer term more expensive ones on the NHS. It;s a false economy. If you have any problem you will be shipped in the nHS hospitals - these private providers are set for acute treatments.

Ideas like neo liberalism and trickle down can be debunked every time but it won't stop ideological governments and ministers. You will see the NHS budget remain flat but see the services offered getting cut further and further. You will still be paying tax but receiving less.

Privatisation and contracting out, the only losers are the public twice - first as tax payers and then as patients.

Sponsored Links
Back