The true villans of the pandemic ?

Doctors are paid too much. There has long been a problem with doctors working only part-time. Why do a full week when you don't have to? Now they don't even have to go out to work for that part-week.
You're having a laugh...

Starting pay for junior doctors is below the national average wage. That is after having spent 6 years studying and an intern year...

And working time is usually 48 hours pw, but can be up to 60 hours pw and often unsociable hours...

That is how you get to be a GP...

Those who didn't have the savvy to study abroad end up with a colossal debt (£100k on average) and with scandalous compound interest charges of currently approx 6% from day one, they will end up paying back up to £200k...

And of course due to brexit most can't study for free/negligible cost in Europe given that the UK is now a 'third country'...

Most end up earning less than an MP, and the learning doesn't end until they retire...

Ever heard of the term 'medical advances'?

The true villains are the MP's who are privatising the NHS, and idiots like yourself who spout b*llox but will still run to a GP when they are feeling a bit poorly! (n)

Sponsored Links
My GP tried that trick and I kept them on the phone half hour pretending I couldn't explain what was wrong.
Eventually they saw me face to face in the middle of the lockdown and since then they haven't even offered a telephone or zoom appointment.
Mind you, I only saw them 3 times after the first fiasco.

I have been on the direct receiving end of inefficiency on the part of HMRC and a number of financial institutions, where the work from home directive has caused all sorts of problems that they appear to unable to resolve. Anecdotally, i have heard of lot of companies having major medium and long term issues caused by working from home.
Me too. My usual work with local and other government agencies, statutory providers etc has involved the ubiquitous and almost standard "there will be delays in dealing with your request because we are working from home". But why? Home workers access the same information and systems in exactly the same way as they did from their work desk, so there is no logical reason for any delays or disruption of their service.

My GP tried that trick and I kept them on the phone half hour pretending I couldn't explain what was wrong.
Eventually they saw me face to face in the middle of the lockdown and since then they haven't even offered a telephone or zoom appointment.
It's you clogging up the waiting rooms then. :cautious:

Sponsored Links
I've heard those arguments, but people have been trying to get video conferencing etc to work for years. Yet there is still a reason why people find meeting face to face more productive.

Secondly, changing methods doesn't address the social side of work which many people enjoy,
I suspect it will be a generational thing. Yes I remember the novelty of video calls via phone 15 years or doo ago, but the technology and systems were crap and could not cope. So it never really caught on.

Now it's better and you can just click and connect, good image and sound and is now natural for the youngsters, but not so for the oldies.

Fundamentally, face to screen should be no different than face to face.

I did have an amusing conference call fairly recently with a GP...

Called about a persistent sore throat...

I was asked if I could take a photo, but was tempted to reply that not even mottie's mouth could accommodate my phone :LOL:

Then I remembered I had an inspection endoscope with LED's on the end that I use for under floorboard stuff etc.

And after a quick surgical clean an interesting couple of minutes ensued with the GP directing what he wanted to see whilst also trying to look at the computer screen!

I did have an amusing conference call fairly recently with a GP...

Called about a persistent sore throat...

I was asked if I could take a photo, but was tempted to reply that not even mottie's mouth could accommodate my phone :LOL:

Then I remembered I had an inspection endoscope with LED's on the end that I use for under floorboard stuff etc.

And after a quick surgical clean an interesting couple of minutes ensued with the GP directing what he wanted to see whilst also trying to look at the computer screen!

Your doctor sons didn't diagnose you then......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Your doctor sons didn't diagnose you then......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Well since I have mentioned before they mainly work abroad, so no difference...

But hey, you carry on being an ignorant tw*t...

Gives me a good laugh (y)

Well since I have mentioned before they mainly work abroad, so no difference...

But hey, you carry on being an ignorant tw*t...

Gives me a good laugh (y)

What an idiot you are, you could have had a conference call with either of them, or both.

Great laugh I had, over your stupidity.

What an idiot you are, you could have had a conference call with either of them, or both.

Great laugh I had, over your stupidity.
Now you're showing yourself up to be a total pr*ck...

Rule number one is unless absolutely necessary don't involve family in medical diagnosis :rolleyes:

It's you clogging up the waiting rooms then. :cautious:
The 3 times I was there I only saw a man once waiting to be seen.
Hardly clogged up waiting rooms.

Sponsored Links
Back