Nibo modular dimmers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve moved into a house that has Nibo
Modular dimmers on low voltage Halogen lights.

I’ve replaced with LED MR16 bulbs but they now don’t work but work if I go back to
halogen.

Can anyone tell me if I can change the programming to make them work?

The manual is here but I don’t understand it.

https://www.niko.eu/en/article/05-707

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Well the first thing in that manual says it can be used with incandescent lamps and halogen lamps. What don’t you understand about that?

HINT. It doesn’t mention LEDs.

If your controlling 45 watt of LED's there is a chance, but unlikely you have that much, and with extra low voltage also the electronic transformer to consider many have a minimum output, so the big question is have you got earth wires available?

Since 1966 except for pendants, and portable equipment it has been a requirement to run earth wires even when not required with low voltage, but not with separated extra low voltage (SELV) so common to find wires from transformers to lamps have no earth, so often to move from extra low voltage (12 volt) to low voltage (230 volt) it requires the replacing of the ELV cables.

Not sure I would really worry too much about the earth, but officially it should be run even when using class II lamps.

So in the main best option is to change to low voltage, and then the dimming can be done in the lamp and you can also make the lamp warmer when dimming, giving a better ambulance.

However with say 16 x GU10's that can become expensive, so one has to weigh up many factors, including any automation. When I went to live with mother to look after her, we selected Energenie (not recommending that make) as we used same hub for TRV's for central heating as for lights and sockets. Today we are also using zigbee, yet another hub, I use smart relays, switches, and bulbs, and use Nest Mini's in the main to control them, but the old Energenie has its own direct remote controls, so works out well in the bedroom as bedside control.

So you need to look at house as a whole, and decide the final aim, then start to move to the goal, I have rooms not as yet done, as what some thing else done first, a case of drawing up a plan.

Thread duplicate (with nice photo) here

Sponsored Links
I’ve moved into a house that has Nibo
Modular dimmers on low voltage Halogen lights.

I’ve replaced with LED MR16 bulbs but they now don’t work but work if I go back to
halogen.

Can anyone tell me if I can change the programming to make them work?

The manual is here but I don’t understand it.

https://www.niko.eu/en/article/05-707

Thanks.
Stu, as above. Those modules do not seem to be able to work with LED.
Maybe you can contact Nico and see what their solution is. They must have the same question from all of their customers!

PS. don’t confuse the term “low voltage”. In the Uk, low voltage = mains voltage!

252CCB2C-BB84-4EBD-86E7-870DB9A39ABE.jpeg

Uk seller
Moss Technical Services Ltd
Unit 8, Green Court, CF33 6BN Pyle, Bridgend
Tel: +441656746766
E-mail: [email protected]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back