Nice View petunia

Sponsored Links
When they paddle they get their feet wet.

Sponsored Links
Actually it's quite simple to walk a few hundred metres out into the river and find a way to stand on the lip when it's not the rainy season. Done it myself, surrounded by water flowing over the edge, will have to see if I can find my pictures. Even the mrs came along, we saw some kids out there playing in the pools and decided to go for it.

No elf and safety or CCTV out there so you get to decide what risks to take yourself. Quite refreshing, will never catch on here.

An astounding place, the Victoria Falls.

Here you go.

The mrs holding onto a tree right on the lip of Victoria Falls.

View media item 46345
Behind her is Zambia, behind me is Zimbabwe. We must be 150m into the river here.

The river was incredibly wide and you just had to find the places where the water was shallow/slow and wade across and avoid the spots where it was deeper or faster. You can see the mist from the raging torrent part of the Falls in the centre right of the the picture so just head for that and avoid the dodgy bits.

View media item 46346
Obviously in the wet season you would be dead and they would probably never find your body.

I think the Mail story of crocodiles is just the Mail. Or I hope it is, but the locals weren't scared of going in so I doubt there were any crocs around. Hippos stay close to deep slow moving water so unlikely to meet them in that location.

However I have also canoed down the Zambezi amonst hippos and the rule is never ever ever get between them and deep water. If you spook them they will go through you and you will be dead. Otherwise it's great fun and relatively safe, certainly not newspaper quality news, even the Mail.

Got pictures of that too but I'm starting to bore you.... :)

Back