niceic essesment

thanks for the replys guys,

to be honest im going to get christmas out the way, then have a think about it,
What i would do in your shoes would keep you full-time job and get some cards printed do some part-time work at first, you can still registry SE.
Advertise on the free websites like gumtree, Friday ads, viva street etc.. and get your cards into local shop windows and through a few doors. Chose the locations were you post your cards of leaflets carefully and logically. As some areas you just know your not going to generate any work!
Then see how that goes, once you start doing some jobs, the word gets around and it is surprising how work is generated.
Don't do any expensive advertising via Yell or quarterly magazines. You will find you get inundated with calls from these people, don't commit to anything over the phone, if you ask for details through post they very rarely appear. Be careful of advertising cons!

Sponsored Links
Don't do any expensive advertising via Yell or quarterly magazines. You will find you get inundated with calls from these people, don't commit to anything over the phone, if you ask for details through post they very rarely appear. Be careful of advertising cons!

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/electrics/niceic-essesment.293035/page-2#2181822#ixzz1daih0U3T

This is very good advice in my opinion. You won't believe how many calls you will get and some of them very underhanded, I had one the other day say he wanted electrical work done in my area; but was really promoting a google ad-word performance, some of them will try to trick you in to sounding like you are agreeing to book an ad, next thing you know you have an advert bill through the post and a fight on your hand to get it rescinded with their legal dept claiming they have you on tape making a verbal contract.

This has never happened to me but I know directly 3 people this has happened to. I always give them an unequivocal foxtrot oscar to leave no room for doubt.
:LOL:

thanks for the good advice guys,

the nic guy had a look at my first job asked me some questions, and show him some testing, then the second job we were only there 15 mins, altogether the assesment lasted about two hours (max)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back