Nicked plug wire. Best way to repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I stupidly nicked the 2.5mm twin and earth going to a plug socket when fitting new skirting board
IMG_20230318_184838.jpg

It wasn't enough to go bang and trip the electrics and the plug still works but needs to be repaired.

Luckily I have enough slack where I can get a way with just cutting and joining again....
IMG_20230318_184917.jpg

but what's the best method to do this, a simple terminal block wrapped in insulation tape, crimp connections or those flip level connectors?

Sponsored Links
J803 under the floor and a new length of 2.5 upto the socket as it looks like its capped and won't be a big hassle, or see if it goes to another socket in the same room and possible to get a new length in.

1)Any joint has to be made in a suitable enclosure - tape is not an enclosure.
2)Screwed joints have to remain accessible, contant force terminals such as wagos are classed as maintenance free, but only in an enclosure where the combination of the two has been marked as maintenance free.
3)Crimp joints are also maintenance free without being approved as such in combination with a specific enclosure, they still have to be in an enclosure, and they require the correct rachet crimper to do.
4)Joints under plaster, however made are urgh.......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back