Night storage heaters

I have a feeling that the heat would be coming from the voice coil. After all - if it's in a soundproof box there'll be nobody to hear it, so it won't produce any sound.
Are you serious? :) Yes, I'm sure that a little heat would come directly from the voice coil, but that would just be the 'wasted' energy as far as the speaker were concerned. Most of the electrical energy supplied to the speaker would presumably be converted to sound energy, and that would have to 'go somewhere', even if no-one were in the box to hear it :) Is it really materially different from a lamp in a lightproof box - again, there would be no-one in there to see the light, but it would still heat up the box.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
There were some estimates made in the 1980s that gas would only last for another 50 years or so - these proved to be grossly incorrect, as since then a lot more gas has been discovered and technology to extract it has improved significantly.
When the 'great conversion' (from town/coal to natural gas) occurred in the early 70s, the estimate for North Sea gas was only about 30 years - which led some to question whether the enormous cost of the conversion exercise was justified.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
Then why don't you stop posting drivel?

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Abraham Lincoln

But it is not drivel. You still have not answered the question what happens to the sound energy once it is absorbed by your body?

It gets stored in acoustic delay lines and then released later when nobody is listening.

Yes, they are 100% efficient, so once electricity is put in them you don't need to put in any more.

I'm selling my SSE shares, electricity prices will tumble.

Yes, they are 100% efficient, so once electricity is put in them you don't need to put in any more.

I'm selling my SSE shares, electricity prices will tumble.

What a silly comment. You have no idea what efficiency is. I suggest you say no more.

We've suggested you say no more loads of times, but it seems to have had little effect :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back