Night Storage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Sparkies,

i have Economy 7 at home, but since i have moved into the house, i have never seen them working in the night. I thought its just the Fuses might not be working , i replaced them but still its not On in the Night. I assume it only works in the Midnight to 7am,
Night storage heaters work fine when i use them with normal Rate during the Day but in the Morning i found they have not stored anything. SEcondly the Boiler also had no hot water at all. I left Night storage on in the night.
~The boiler also works fine, during the day on the Normal rate electric. I have got old style fuse box, which takes catridge Fuses. I have already replaced both 15amp fuses but still no Luck.

Could you please tell me, what could be the problem. I Test with Tester but Red and Black Wire both dont have Current in them. I assume the Night Storage only comes on in the Night,
As i have Two Seperate CCUs , one for Normal day , One for Night Storage. please see album pic for both of them.

I apprecaite your response in this regard. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Please be careful when testing - they don't only come on at night, the E7 tarriffs sometimes pop on during the day - I wouldn't want you to get a nasty surprise while poking around in those old fuseboxes.

Probably better to take some pictures of everything first and post them on here :D

I wonder how you open the taps and drain an electrical system :confused:

looks like someone has done something to it.

Could be that a feed from one of those boards supplies a wet system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back