Nine...is the magic number...

Shocking, but the press are too. What they mislead the public is first available opportunity of getting out, subject to parole being granted..Then the press fails to mention life license, so once regimented, educated, and re habitulated, if they so much as get a ticket for littering, they are back inside. True society 'should' have done this in the first place to prevent a crime, but the press cry shock horror, and have their allegiances.

Life means Life, but not as people generally expect it to be, locked up breaking rocks. Just a case of always being monitored, not being able to get a job, and any slip, back in the joint..

Not defending either side, the Government say life, but say 4 years for killing someone, but 10 for stealing money wtf is that about? The papers for blowing it out of proportion, the people for being lied to, or the prisoner during a moment of madness, doing something they shouldn't have done, and being tracked for life.

And NO I'm not an ex crim! I think the Government and the papers are as guity as the crim, for misleading the public.

Sponsored Links
We need Shawshank Redemption style prison sentences.
Have them kissing the Governors a**e in 40 years time for the merest whiff of parole.
Don`t think it will parole they will smell :mad: :LOL:

Proper Penalties:

Murder - 25 years minimum before parole considered
Manslaughter - 15 years
Rape - 15 years
Pedo's - 25 years
Armed Robbery - 20 years
Corruption in public office - 10 years min + confiscation of all assets

Sponsored Links
Proper Penalties:

Manslaughter - 15 years
Rape - 15 years
Pedo's - 25 years
Armed Robbery - 20 years
The problem is the prisons are full to capacity already. :rolleyes:

Proper Penalties:

Manslaughter - 15 years
Rape - 15 years
Pedo's - 25 years
Armed Robbery - 20 years

Easy, build more prisons. Add a 'prison tax' for everyone convicted of a crime in the UK to fund building of new prisons, say £20 per offence on top of whatever the sentence/fine may be. There's a similar scheme in place that supposedly raises money for victims of crime, that stands at £15 per conviction.

Proper Penalties:

Manslaughter - 15 years
Rape - 15 years
Pedo's - 25 years
Armed Robbery - 20 years

Easy, build more prisons. Add a 'prison tax' for everyone convicted of a crime in the UK to fund building of new prisons, say £20 per offence on top of whatever the sentence/fine may be. There's a similar scheme in place that supposedly raises money for victims of crime, that stands at £15 per conviction.

Thats what a Fine is supposed to be for, all fines go to the Treasury. The Victim Surcharge is wholly unfair, because its charged to people for offences wheres theres no victim, eg driving with no road tax.

all fines go to the Treasury. The Victim Surcharge is wholly unfair, because its charged to people for offences wheres theres no victim, eg driving with no road tax.

AFAIK the extension of the victim surcharge hasn't been brought in to include traffic offences yet, has it? I agree that that would be wrong though.

Lots of money goes to the treasury, but doesn't necessarily get put back into where it came from. There's a war to fight remember?
I'm talking about ringfencing a fixed amount so that the treasury are obliged to put all monies collected into a prison building fund.

Whenever I read about new prisons being built I find the costs objectionable. They don't need double glazing for starters, and a mate of mine made a mint some years back, 6 months of very well paid plastering work on a prison refurb. What do they need plaster on the walls for? Ronnie Barker had to make do with painted brick walls, didn't do him any harm!

all fines go to the Treasury. The Victim Surcharge is wholly unfair, because its charged to people for offences wheres theres no victim, eg driving with no road tax.

AFAIK the extension of the victim surcharge hasn't been brought in to include traffic offences yet, has it? I agree that that would be wrong though.

Lots of money goes to the treasury, but doesn't necessarily get put back into where it came from. There's a war to fight remember?
I'm talking about ringfencing a fixed amount so that the treasury are obliged to put all monies collected into a prison building fund.

Whenever I read about new prisons being built I find the costs objectionable. They don't need double glazing for starters, and a mate of mine made a mint some years back, 6 months of very well paid plastering work on a prison refurb. What do they need plaster on the walls for? Ronnie Barker had to make do with painted brick walls, didn't do him any harm!

Double glazing - yes, makes it cheaper to heat, plaster on walls - no benefit to state, unnecessary.

Double glazing - yes, makes it cheaper to heat, plaster on walls - no benefit to state, unnecessary.

Heat? I didn't have you down as a hug-a-hoodie type?

They can have an extra blanket in the winter, if they're good.

I just realised the Fellowship of The Ring was 9...........spooky :D

Sponsored Links
Back