Nissan Micra Squeaking Noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Car:
Nissan Micra Initia 1.2l
2005/2006
55k miles

My car has recently started squeaking. It happens when you are travelling at low speeds then accelerate. It also does the same noise when you take your foot of the accelerator and the car lurches. It sounds like it is coming from the front right of the car just in front of the driver.

The noise doesn't happen when the car is off and press the clutch ,accelerator or breaks. It also doesn't make the noise if you accelerate in neutral only when in gear and moving. If you rock the car the suspension doesn't make any noise or squeaks.

I will post an audio clip of the car you can hear it at 12 seconds in. I got it to make the noise by parking the car and just rocking it backwards on forwards with the hand break on. The noise was made when the back end initially lifts up and then happens again when the clutch is pressed and the back end comes back down. It also happens when turning the car off, the noise only starts to happen when the car gets warm, and is rather loud

audio clip:
https://soundcloud.com/user-405606526/carnoise

Not much to go off but anything helps thanks!

Sponsored Links
I can't hear it on your recording, but I'm thinking an aged/worn rubber bush.

If it is not suspension-related it sounds like engine related, so look at the rubber engine mountings. There are probably one or more large mountings at each side of the engine near the bottom and possibly a brace near the top.

The bottom ones will be most exposed to water spray, mud and grit, especially the nearside which is close to the gutter.

The engine will tilt against the direction of torque in the crankshaft when you rev the engine. If you turn the engine off you may be able to rock it a bit by grabbing the top and pulling/pushing.

You may temporarily quieten the squeak by spraying WD40 on the offending item.

Yeah recording isn't the best, its easier to hear with headphones on about 12-13 seconds in. I will wobble the engine a little bit and see if it makes the noise and get back to you. Cheers

Carefully check for any exhaust hangers that have rotted through.....either the steel pegs on the system or the rubber hangers themselves.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Okay so i pushed the engine around i can hear the noise. I will probably just put wd45 on them for a bit and see how long that lasts! Thanks for the help.

The noise happen also in my car: Nissan Micra 12K CVT 2012

-The noise looks like the old WW beetle engine whistle.
-Louder in hot weather condition.
-Louder if air conditioner is on.
-Louder and more frequent by increasing rpm.
-Hearable in the short period of time while pushing gas fast on neutral gear position.
-I can hear the noise at 100 km/h speed and positive slope on highway or accelarating in any vehicle speed.

I changed the belt and pulley bearing twice in last 3 years, did not make difference.

Any advice or solution?

Back