Micra with rubbing noise after standing a week

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a 53 plate Nissan Micra 1.0 E.

It has sat stationery for just over a week and when I drive it now it makes a noise from the front driver side wheel if I turn a little to the left, not the right though. It seems to go when I press the brake pedal I think.

I could only describe the noise as a scratching or scrapping like a nails on a black board...

When I finally stopped the car I felt the wheels, the front driver one was very warm whereas the rest were cool(normal)

What is the Problem? Is it brakes rubbing and need adjusting or a major job?

The car will still be under warranty would it be worth taking it back to a dealership?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
most likely rust on the brake disks. Drive it around a bit and apply the brakes firmly.

If you look at the disks through the holes in the wheel, after wet weather, you will see the disks go rusty. It rubs off when you use the brakes.

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Just had it out again and it made no noise and did not seem to heat up any. Hopefully it was a once off.

Would the rust not have made the noise on the straight as well though as the angle of the brakepads would remain constant.

Cheers.

J

Sponsored Links
Johnsie said:
Hi,
Would the rust not have made the noise on the straight as well though as the angle of the brakepads would remain constant.
Cheers.
J

But the wheel and disc may change slightly in attitude to the brake pads which are retained with reference to the 'stub axle' and backplate assembly...
The small necessary amount of play in wheel bearings being the interface twixt the above, will mean a changed relationship disc to pad when cornering, chuck in a little wobble on the disc noises may result as the pads are 'waggled' into a position of clearance, perhaps just touching the 'wob' in wobble ...
;)

Back