Nissan Navaro / Mistubishi L200

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,
I am contemplating buying a 2nd hand Nav or L200, probably around 5 years old. I am looking at the 4 door /5 seater variants. Has anyone here owned one care to share any experiences? Good or bad.

Sponsored Links
I look after one of each of these and they are both very capable vehicles....however both have limited rust protection underneath so thats worth looking at. The Nissan is more economical than the Mitsubishi but there are scare stories of the Nissans engine self destructing before 100k miles due to the big end bolts snapping...there is a website dedicated to this somewhere. Dont buy one that has seen local authority use with loads of drivers - look for ripped seats etc and whining transmissions. Personally I think the Mitsu is better built but like I said, I don't own one, just look after them. If I was in the market for one, I'd consider Toyota if one came available. Cheers John :)

I look after a Hilux LS2 (I think it is)....but I get much older ones in too. (How about an Amazon, 51 plate, 260000 miles and automatic :eek: ) Corrosion is their biggest enemy but the mechanicals go for ages. I'm a fan of the Izuzu too - but I don't know if they have a double cab version.

Cheers John :)

Sponsored Links
Go for a d40 nivarra (the current shape) very nice truck to own they go really well and are so much nicer to drive and ride in than the rather primitive mitsi, yota, ford, mazda, izuy etc

the old shape nivara (d22) do have serious engine issues but if they have had a nissan replacement they should be fine. (modified Internally appearently)

i have both a d22 and d40 and drove all the rivals before buying them, if i was buying a new truck now i might consider a toyota as they have finally fitted a engine with a decent BHP rating.

got a D22, which as said above is the earlier model (2001 ours is)

Goes ok, stops eventually, never gonna set the world on fire with it's spec but does the job nicely.
No leg room whatsoever in the back so be aware of that!

Back