NITS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am bloooody sick and tied of these critters, is there no cure yet for these parasites over than the nit shampoo and comb.

Sponsored Links
Teatree oil. Nit nurse was always good for a semi she played with your hair ;)

Teatree oil. Nit nurse was always good for a semi she played with your hair ;)

i heard teatree oil was good for baggy eyes, what i need is a cure for nits
got rid of them 4 times now but there back,
i wonder if i am catching these from tenants i visit?

Sponsored Links
Shave your napper

its just not the napper i will have to shave i feel like jumping into the canal i feel like i am being eaten alive , i think i will invest into those full body disposable overhalls.

You sure they are not making there way up your body Bob ;) you are not walking sideways by any chance :LOL:

You sure they are not making there way up your body Bob ;) you are not walking sideways by any chance :LOL:

nope not the crabs this time they are defiantly NITS and i feel like getting my blow tourch out of mi van and have a bit of fun with them.

nope not the crabs this time they are defiantly NITS and i feel like getting my blow tourch out of mi van and have a bit of fun with them.

Thanks for the advise mod i will try some of the nittygritter stuff i will let yea know how i go on with the stuff.

Regular washing with Tea Tree was always good for keeping Nits at bay.

Apparently cheap conditioner is just as good as those expensive nit shampoos although tea tree oil is effective aswell. Cutting hair very short will also help

you have body lice

| health information | health factsheets

Print-friendly version

Head lice Q&As
Published by Bupa's health information team, December 2008.

Answers to questions about head lice
This section contains answers to common questions about this topic. Questions have been suggested by health professionals, website feedback and requests via email.

Do head lice bite?
Can head lice spread to my body?
Are electronic combs good at treating head lice?
Can my child get head lice more than once?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do head lice bite?
Yes, they feed by biting your skin and sucking blood from your scalp.

Explanation
Head lice feed on blood about five times a day, but the biting doesn't hurt and you shouldn't be able to feel it. Sometimes the biting can leave tiny red spots on your scalp. Some people have an allergic reaction to the bites and this can make the itching worse.

Further information
Community Hygiene Concern
01908 561928
www.chc.org
Sources
Head lice. Clinical Knowledge Summaries. www.cks.library.nhs.uk, accessed 1 August 2008
Guidance for the management and control of head lice infection. Health Protection Agency North West. www.hpa.org.uk, accessed 1 August 2008
Headlice: Factsheet for Schools - Wired for Health. Health Protection Agency. www.hpa.org.uk, accessed 1 August 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can head lice spread to my body?
No, it's very rare for head lice to move onto your body or other areas of hair such as your eyelashes or eyebrows.

Explanation
Adult head lice can't survive for very long if they are removed from your head, so wouldn't be able to live on another part of your body. There is a different type of louse, called the body louse, which looks the same as a head louse but lives around your body instead. Body lice usually live in the seams of your clothes and move onto your skin when they want to feed. They lay their eggs in your clothes. You will usually only get body lice if you have dirty clothes or if you don't change them very often. Body lice are easy to get rid of if you clean your clothes properly. If you're concerned, you should see your GP for advice.

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/qanda/head_lice_qanda.html#2

could you be a victim of these now cool washes?

Sponsored Links
Back