Nits - aarghh!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
End of term, weekly head combing session on the kids and the blardy nits have made a reappearence :evil:
How do you get rid of these things once and for all :confused:
Please remember I'd quite like to not damage the children :LOL:

Sponsored Links
oh got t shirt, video... hee hee.

The old way was shampoo everyone in the house with appropriate shampoo, follow instructions. (get it from chemists but if for kids you can get it on free prescription.)

Do not shampoo everyone though.
Only do people if they have actual infestation signs.
That is latest advice anyway.
(wasting time and also to avoid tolerance in the lice.)

You cannot do preventative treatment.

Check pillows for litte spots (sign of infestation).

Sponsored Links
yuk julie...

can that only be caught by sex or do we need to be more vigilant?

Yup, that time again. Funny how they get rid of nits during longer hols. Go back to school and zap [sound a nit makes when it lands]. My wife works in school, and is not allowed to point out if kids have nits, just sit there watching them wander, aaaaarrrgh! Wot a stupid policy. The best/safest [don't like O/P's] is tea tree shampoo and LOADS AND LOADS OF BACK BREAKING WET COMBING. Wife is very good at this, me unfortunately useless. Oh well :LOL:

Your thinking of pediculosis pubis Toffee, which are commonly known as crabs.

Crabs don't live in head hair they live in the coarse hair on the body and in the pubic area.
They can also be found in the eyebrows and eyelashes if someone has an infestation that has been left untreated for a while.

Yeah! I'm fed up with teatree shampoo and oil and combing, hols and they're clear, back to school and you're right......nits again, I am so desperate for a 'cure' !!!!!!
Told the school about them once and was told the same thing, not our policy to inform other parents! :evil:

Dellsmp, that really bothers me. It's usually the same few kids whose parents do not have the gumption [technical term] to treat or even realise the problem that their child acts as a reservoir to perpetuate nits for ever. :evil: [ first time I've used one of those!].

gasmarkone said:
Julie/B, I used to love that programme, old Beadle eh?

No, I was being straight up with my Nitty Nora comment! :eek: :eek:

When I went to school both primary and secondary the nurse used to come to the school about 4 times a year. We'd all line up and have our heads inspected. Anyone who had nits was sent home with a note and wasn't allowed back until all the nits had gone.

We used to call the nurse Nitty Nora - not to her face, of course!! ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Nooooooooo. Julie, don't tell me you're not old enough to remember 'Beadles about' :eek:

They always used to say that they only go for clean hair? probably an old wifes tale and not very helpful I know :oops: just have to grin and bare it.

I do remember Beadles about - but didn't watch it very often as I thought Jeremy Beadle was a p**t.

I also couldn't stand him on that other programme he did - you've been framed

Sponsored Links
Back