No 250v power to the pump (jag 23 combi)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have no 250v power to the pump on my jaguar 23 combi boiler
the boiler hot water side is working but the pump does not run
the room stat is set to call for heat but there is no power getting to the plug on the pump, I have checked the fuses on the pcb and are both ok
the pressure in the system is at 1.5 bar. Is there anything else I can check? can anyone help with this fault please, thanks mallxx.

Sponsored Links
sounds as though the pump is dependent on the room stat, so I'd be looking to see if power is (a) getting to the room stat and (b) is it leaving it when demand is called for. Does that make any sense.

Hi you are correct the pump is dependent on the room stat, but I dont think it has power to it it is just a switch , so i intend to short it out at the terminal block to eliminate the room stat ill let you know if it solve the problem

Thanks this is now sorted the pump is now running! so I guess that the connections on the stat to the base pins or a dicky switch inside the stat must have been the problem ?
Everything seems to be working ok at the moment fingers crossed
cheers mallxx

Sponsored Links
The purpose of a switch is to turn on or off the power. so power has to available at the stat. If there's no power at the room stat, then shorting it out wont change things. I'm assuming it's a bog standard room stat using 230v supply.
You need to verify you have 230v on both input and output. well not quite true, if you have it on output then it must be there on input and the stat must be functioning ok, then comes next problem why does it not get to pump.
All too late I see, now sorted

:rolleyes:

hi, thanks for the reply and yes its sorted / but it is just a switch, it has no
mains to it ,it works from two 1.5v batteries which work the led read temp screen ( like a watch face)which also indicates a little flame when calling for heat, but it is only a switch !
thanks for the help anyway Regards Malc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back