No bathroom window or extractor fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am a council tennant, my the house was rewired about 2 years ago and the contractors never reconnected the extractor fan in the bathroom or toilet. Having problems getting it reconnected, apparently the new volt box is too low to run the fan ??

Is there a law that states you must have an extractor fan if there are no windows or vents ?

We do not have any sort of ventilation at present.

Any help on would be appreciated.

Wendy

Sponsored Links
Hi

I am a council tennant, my the house was rewired about 2 years ago
Part P has been in force for over 3 years, so at the time of your rewire the work was definitely a controlled service. As you're a council tenant your landlord was obliged not only to comply with the law but enforce it - you can create merry hell with them.

and the contractors never reconnected the extractor fan in the bathroom or toilet.
Then they broke the law.

Having problems getting it reconnected, apparently the new volt box is too low to run the fan ??
Don't know what you mean by that.

Is there a law that states you must have an extractor fan if there are no windows or vents ?

We do not have any sort of ventilation at present.
There is a law - see Part F of The Building Regulations, and also Approved Document F for guidance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back