No bonding on property I'm renovating

I can't see what the problem is :confused: whether I get an electrician in at the beginning, now or at the end, the work will be done, it will be safe and it will meet the current regulations :rolleyes:
as has been said before this will not happen.

And it doesn't matter about when the ceiling goes up, done my mothers house the same way 16 years ago and everything is ok
:rolleyes: I suppose you paint/wallpaper the walls before the ceiling as well then.

riveralt, I can't see what your problem is :confused: ... what will not happen ?

and why the silly comment about the ceiling ?

I've had to replace many ceilings on the renovations I've done, never had a problem with any of them, I just get someone in to skim it ( and usually the walls) afterwards .

:confused:

Sponsored Links
and why the silly comment about the ceiling ?

I've had to replace many ceilings on the renovations I've done, never had a problem with any of them, I just get someone in to skim it ( and usually the walls) afterwards .
It's just not the correct way to do it - similar to fixing the plasterboard and skirting before the floorboards.

It gives an impression, if not a certainty, that your electrical work will be equally uncaring and slapdash.

But I'm not putting any ceilings in till right at the end so most of the electrics are accessible, also although some channelling will need to be done, it will be very easily done using a knife or board saw.
Surely that is guaranteed to end up costing you more & taking you longer.

Get the electrics sorted first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back