no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a Gloworm Ultimate boiler which is controlled by a Landis and Staefa controller and room stat. ive not had my central heating on for a while but reguarly use my boiler for my hot water.
this evening i went to turn my central heating on and the boiler does not fire up. the room stat is calling for heat. switched the controller to my hot water and the boiler fires up straight away.
could it be a faulty controller or roomstat?

Sponsored Links
can you explain more please? and how will i know for definate?

Most systems have motorised valves 2 port or 3 port to stop the flow to either hot water or heating, they have micro switches which turn on the boiler via roomstat or cylinderstat.
look for square shaped box or boxes on pipes could be plastic or metal.

Sponsored Links
ok. ive just found it. is it difficult to replace? and what makes you think its that?

you need to check for voltage at motorised valve, usually, brown wire on 2port valve or white wire on 3port

UPDATE!!!!

Ive just waggled the motorized valve to try and see if it had any markings on it and my heating just kicked in!!!!

What now?
Do i need to replace it?
is it faulty?

Yes i would, if it's a plastic valve actuator held on by two screws they are prone to sticking when not used for any length of time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back